Monday, May 10, 2010

Frazetta Dies at 82

This news came as a bit of a shock. How can a man who creates images of powerful men and strong seductive women die. He himself being a strong and athletic person you'd expect, hope he'd live forever. I certainly wished I could have met him but the paintings left behind have inspired me since my youth. First encountering his art wen I was about 9 or 10 years of age and being totally blown away. I never believed paintings could be so exciting and full of action. With every pen stroke and brush stroke I strive to be at his level. Not emulate his style but to capture the same excitement and action he's able to pull off so easily. He's been a great inspiration to me and to many others and I'm sure he'll continue to be a great inspiration to many others. His physical body may have died but his spirit is still alive and kicking.
here's one of my favorite Frazetta paintings.

0 comments: